Your privacy is important to us. It is MicroFit, Inc.’s policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our website, https://microfit.com, and other sites we own and operate.
This policy is effective as of 16 February 2022 and was last updated on 16 February 2022.
Information We Collect
MicroFit collects basic contact information from our customers such as business name, address, and phone numbers along with individual contact names, job titles, phone numbers, and email addresses.
When visiting our website, information we collect includes both information you knowingly and actively provide us in contact forms and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, other details about your visit, and technical details that occur in conjunction with any errors you may encounter.
Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifying by itself, it may be possible to combine it with other data to personally identify individual persons.
We may ask for personal information which may include one or more of the following:
- Company Name
- Mailing Address
- Contact Name
- Phone/mobile number
Legitimate Reasons for Processing Your Personal Information
We only collect and use your personal information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. In which instance, we only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following on our website:
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
- Complete a contact form
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to contact and communicate with you
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
You are responsible for selecting any password and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
However, if necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal, accounting, or reporting obligation or for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific, or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
Data You Collect in MicroFit Software
Client data you collect in your MicroFit HealthWizard software resides on your computer and/or network and belongs to you. MicroFit does not have access to this data.
In some circumstances, such as for reasons of troubleshooting a database error or providing additional data analysis to you, MicroFit may ask that you send us a copy of your database. In such scenarios, MicroFit does not share your data with anyone outside of our company.
Use of Your Email in MicroFit Software
You have the option of using your email address in MicroFit software for the purposes of emailing reports to clients. MicroFit software does not retrieve or store your email. MicroFit software only sends email using your authorized email account. For certain email services such as Google (gmail free email and corporate domain email hosted on Google Workspace) and Microsoft (hotmail.com, live.com, and outlook.com free email accounts as well as corporate domain email hosted on Microsoft 365) you may grant the MicroFit software permission to access your email account for the purpose of sending emails. MicroFit does not access any additional information from your Google or Microsoft related accounts other that what is necessary to identify you and be able to communicate with the email server for the purpose of sending emails using your email account. You may revoke this access at any time by doing the following:
Google Email Accounts:
- Login into Google
- Click your initial in the upper-right corner of the Google page and select “Manage your Google Account”
- Click on “Security” then scroll down and find “Third-party apps with account access” then click “Manage third-party access”
- Click on the MicroFit program then click “Remove Access”
Microsoft Email Accounts:
- Login to your email account online
- Click your account icon at the top-right corner of the page and select “My Profile”
- Click “Privacy” at the top of the screen
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on “Apps and services”
- Find the MicroFit program listed and click “Edit”
- Click “Remove these permissions”
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
We may disclose personal information to:
- a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of our company
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, for example, IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, advertisers, or analytics platforms
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
- our existing or potential agents or business partners
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you
International Transfers of Personal Information
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time. We will provide you with the ability to unsubscribe from our email-database or opt out of communications. Please be aware we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to This Policy
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you may contact us using the following details:
4175 W Sierra Madre Ave, Ste. 102
Freson, CA 93722
Tel: (559) 475-7007 x2